Util-Assist is pleased to have won the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Consulting RFP issued by the City of Saskatoon’s electric and water utilities (Saskatoon Light & Power and Saskatoon Water). Util-Assist will spearhead the City of Saskatoon’s AMI project for the specification, selection, and implementation of AMI, Wide Area Network (WAN), and Meter Data Management (MDM) systems. The implementation of these systems will enable the electric and water utilities to transform their businesses by capturing strategic information, leading to improved decision-making and optimized operations.
Util-Assist will take the lead on managing the project’s six “work packages”
- A cost-benefit analysis and scoping study to define a strategy based on best practices
- Definition of communication infrastructure requirements
- Development of system architecture design specifications for the AMI, WAN and MDM systems as well as procurement of required systems
- Project management of the entire project through to implementation and testing
- Quality assurance and testing
- Identification of advanced applications to maximize the value of the AMI network
Util-Assist’s relevant experience with each phase played a part in the City of Saskatoon’s decision to award the business. Util-Assist has assisted over 50 utilities from the very early stages of strategic planning and cost-benefit analysis through design specifications to implementation and testing. Moreover, as many of Util-Assist’s Ontario customers are at the next stage of optimizing their systems for efficiencies, these “lessons learned” will be valuable in identifying opportunities for enhancement and innovation for the City of Saskatoon.