Join the Util-Assist Team!
Teamwork is key to the operations of the Util-Assist family. Mutual respect, cooperation, and honesty are hallmarks of our principles. We are committed to truly listening to our clients and finding the best solutions to fit each client’s unique requirements.
Util-Assist hires individuals who want to participate and contribute to a like-minded team. We offer a range of energizing, multi-disciplinary careers in a high-tech industry, with great potential for development and advancement as both the industry and our company continue to grow.
Util-Assist is always improving our policies and practices according to employee feedback, and we are proud to have been chosen as a 2018 “Employee Recommended Workplace” via a national survey facilitated by the Globe and Mail newspaper and the HR firm Morneau Shepell. The survey is designed to recognize workplaces that, according to their employees, have prioritized employee health, engagement, and workplace well-being.
In addition to customer and employee satisfaction, Util-Assist holds workplace culture and community involvement as top priorities. Util-Assist regularly hosts guest presenters like health, wellness and financial experts, and we encourage employees to give presentations on topics that can benefit co-workers in their work or personal lives. We are also committed to corporate responsibility and giving back to the community, and we host company events to raise funds and collect donations for local charities.
Util-Assist is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
View our current employment opportunities and join the Util-Assist team today!
Project Manager/Technical Writer
Who we are:
Util-Assist is a leading consulting company to utilities, with customers throughout Canada and the United States. Our mission is to develop simplified solutions that position our clients as leaders in efficiency, innovation, and conservation. Learn more about Util-Assist at www.util-assist.com.
What we need:
Util-Assist’s rapid growth and expanding client base requires us to hire a Technical Writer/Project Manager. Joining the Project Management department, the successful candidate will possess transferable skills to excel in both technical writing and project management roles. Util-Assist seeks an individual who is self-motivated, well-organized and possesses excellent written and oral communication skills. Enthusiasm and a strong aptitude for acquiring an in-depth knowledge of the projects assigned, utility operations and technology are critical requirements for this role.
What the successful candidate will do:
Develop and prepare compelling submissions that respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs). Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval. Coordinate requirements with contributors.
- Work with clients to re-engineer processes to provide solutions to business issues.
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirements specifications.
- Participate in consulting projects by collecting and analyzing requirements and writing final reports.
- Prepare attractive and stimulating PowerPoint presentations and other educational materials.
- Ensure quality results by developing and using templates and following company writing standards.
- Establish relationships with utility clients and vendors. Maintain a strong client focus, and work to understand and satisfy clients’ needs.
- Coordinate internal, client and vendor resources for the flawless execution of projects. Achieve business results and project discipline by effectively managing and monitoring project resources, delegating responsibilities and proactively addressing problems.
- Create and maintain project documentation including project budgets, scope, and charters. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop detailed project plans to track resources and project deliverables. Manage changes to the project scope and schedule.
- Facilitate productive meetings with a wide variety of audiences to drive successful outcomes.
- Document and manage action items, risks, and meeting minutes. Mitigate risks, and work with the project team to resolve issues.
- The ability to embrace utility operations and technology are required in order to act as a subject matter expert to facilitate client communications to translate client needs into documented requirements
- Support and lead clients through change management processes for successful project implementation
- Manage multiple projects for different clients simultaneously
- Establish relationships with utility clients and vendors. Maintain a strong client focus and work to understand and satisfy clients’ needs.
- Achieve business results and project discipline by effectively managing and monitoring project resources, delegating responsibilities and proactively addressing problems
- Sustain industry knowledge through educational opportunities and self-directed learning
- Solid organizational skills, including the meticulous management of project details
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and make difficult decisions in a timely manner
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate people, guide them through impediments and conflicts, and build consensus.
- An intuitive nature with the need to ask questions to ensure that information is clear and understood
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies in a fast-paced industry
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner in a team environment
- Advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project
- Two years’ experience in a project management role or the utility industry is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, and project management certification is a plus
- Travel is required to client sites throughout Canada and the U.S. (a vehicle is necessary for local Ontario travel)
Individuals that meet the criteria above are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Learn more about us at www.util-assist.com
Util-Assist is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title referenced in the subject line. Util-Assist does not accept resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.